What is Future Proof?
Future Proof is a joint project set up by the partners to consider how the sub-region should develop into the future. The partners work together to consider the important issues that affect us now and over the next 30 years. This approach is needed to manage growth in a coordinated way.
In 30 years, the sub-region:
- Has a diverse and vibrant metropolitan centre strongly tied to distinctive, thriving towns and rural communities.
- Is the place of choice for those looking for opportunities to live, work, play, invest and visit.
- Is the place where natural environments, landscapes and heritage are protected and a healthy Waikato River is at the heart of the region's identity.
- Has productive partnerships within its communities, including tāngata whenua.
- Has affordable and sustainable infrastructure.
- Has sustainable resource use.